Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Let's Do This


I am tired.
I am tired of feeling like I have no money.
I am tired of disappointing my life because she thinks we have no money.
I want to enjoy life.
I do not want to stress about making debt payments.
I do not want to cringe every time my wife wants to look at a house.
I do not want to see the look on her face when I say we can’t afford it.

I make $62,700 a year in a job I do not love.  I enjoy it at times.  However, I don’t get any satisfaction from it.  I worry that I won’t find my passion.  I worry that my passion won’t be able to provide for my family.

I have a $20,000 car loan and $30,000 in student loan debt that needs to be paid off.  I have a mortgage for $131,000.

My wife wants to buy a $360,000 house.  It’s a great house.  It has lots of space and the neighborhood is fantastic.

How come all I can think about is “how the heck am I going to afford the mortgage?”  How can I pay those taxes?  How much is insurance going to cost me?

I don’t want to live like that.  I don’t want to live like this.  I need to change.  I need to do something.

I’m going to start blogging again to try and find my passion.  I am going to vent more.  I am going to research things more.  I am going to have fun more.

I’m not going to solely talk about money and finances.  I started this blog to talk about everything.  I’m going to post my weight-lifting goals and achievements.  I’m going to research home-brewing and bourbon.  I’m going to talk about money – because it comes up – but it’s not going to consume me.

I’m not going to settle.  I’m not going to be average.  My little boy upstairs is not going to have a dad who is miserable and can’t provide for him.

I’m going to be better than that.  My son deserves better than that.  My wife deserves better than that.  I deserve better than that.

List of topics I want to blog about by the end of April:
1.     Property Taxes and how they effect the home buying process
2.     The weight lifting program I need to get into beach shape.
3.     The best bourbon for my dollar.
4.     The Pirates
5.     Derivatives.

I am tired.  So, I’m going to go to bed.  April 17, 2013 is the beginning of my journey to make sure my wife can be a stay at home mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment