Tuesday, July 16, 2013

June 2013 Net Worth Review

This is very late.  We were on vacation in Hilton Head Island, SC over the first week of July and I was having connection issues at the office this past week.  So, I apologize for the tardy post, but the NW Review is here!!  Lots to discuss!!
 
Here's to the Numbers!!

Cash - $21,595 ($906)
Investments - $108,441 (-$5,838)
Home Value - $197,000 ($0)
Personal Assets - $51,861 ($0)
Less: Liabilities - $178,448 ($1,323)

Assets -
Cash - This is a little misleading.  The cash is inflated as the work done on the house was not completed yet and the money to pay the contractor sits in my checking account.  Also, our credit card bills have been higher than normal this summer - which I'm hopeful is just the Summer Blues!
Investments - The big change here is that traded $4,700 from our savings account in order to pay for home repairs.  What home repairs you ask?  CENTRAL AIR!  That's right.  Our home is now fully equipped with central air and the greatness and cool-ness that it provides.  Yes, it forced us to tap into our savings a little bit, but it cemented the return that we will be able to get when we sell it.

Also, June was a very up and down month in the market.  Just more worry that BBB (Big Bad Bernanke) will stop printing money and everything will slow down.  I'm not concerned.
Personal Assets
No change posted here.  We had a second realtor come through the house and confirm the $225k valuation.  However, for consistency, I'd rather keep the home value as is and just reap the rewards when we sell it.
Liabilities -
Mortgage - $129,985 - Below $130k!  Celebrate a little.

Student Loans - $28,771- A boring month compared to May.  I did get the Fed to recognize that I am a Part-Time Student again, which means that I won't be making payments on my 1.51% loans anymore, but I will snowball that payment into my 6.8% grad loan (the unsubsidized one).

Acura Loan - $19,474.  Boring...
  
Total Joint Net Worth - $200,449.  So our overall NW fell this past month, but in actuality, it rose.  Confusing, I know.  The summer spending has me a little worried, if only because Cash is a premium this month as several large bills (Real Estate Taxes and Fall Tuition) have come due.  They are all planned for, but it still creates a large hole in our savings account that will need to be replenished.

I'm still happy with the debt repayment schedule.  As much as I would like to cash in Life Insurance policies and deduct a big chunk, I'm more comfortable waiting until the house situation is resolved.  It's boring in the midst of the process, but necessary to be able to break through.  Stay the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment