Saturday, January 31, 2015

January 2015 Net Worth Review

I can't believe I never wrote a review for YE.  Our December Net Worth was $297,211!  So close to $300k

Here's to the Numbers!!

Cash - $22,999 (-$2,699)
Investments $158,601 (-$790)
Home Value - $366,000 ($0)
Personal Assets - $49,487 ($0)
Less: Liabilities - $304.927 (-$1,713)

Assets -
Cash - Tough couple months as we've taken on some major changes within our house.  I actually started a new job and because of our new pay cycle, missed a paycheck in January.  Also, we completely furnished Baby #1's big boy room through Pottery Barn.  So, he's all ready to move once his lil sister comes!!  In addition, in January, we renovated our family room.  We covered the wood paneling and painted the walls and bricks a toupe/white to brighten up the room!  It looks great these items took their tool on the bank account.

To offset some of this stuff, the Prof has been side hustling like crazy through ebay and craigslist.  We've sold nearly $1,300 of old stuff in the last two months!  One man's junk is another man's treasure.

Investments - A rough few months in the market.  No major contributions on our end, but the markets have been up and then down in December and January.

Personal Assets - 
Nothing to see here.

Liabilities -

Mortgage - $287,084 - Slow and steady.  We are actually investigating refinancing this bad boy in order to lower our interest rate 0.5%.  It'll lower our monthly payment by about $100 but allow us to do with very minimal closing cost - win/win.

Student Loans - $3,017 (-$405) - Another one bites the dust!  I paid off my third and last graduate student loan this month!  All that is left are my undergrad loans at 1.26% - which means I pay $100/month and only $4 in interest.  I'm in no hurry to kill these right now.

Acura Loan - $11,826   Getting back on the car payment horse.  I need to get rid of this in order to start thinking about my new car!
Total Joint Net Worth - $292,160.  A -1.7% drop since December!  We were so close to $300k - soon enough.

That being said - my goal for 2015 is to increase my liquidity.  I've got a hefty retirement fund and stable earnings.  I'd like to increase my emergency fund and cash accounts.  With a new baby on the way, I'm more concerned about handling the month to month stuff than my retirement right now.  I'll still contribute 7% of my paycheck, but need to build up savings for future projects/cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment