Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Goal II - I Hear Hawaii Is Nice

Annual Vacations
I want to take The Professor on a vacation every year.  Regardless of where are lives are, or how busy things get with the kids or job – Family vacations are very important to me.  I remember going to the beach every year and how exciting it was for the family (although the 12 hour car rides might not have been).
I remember every year my mom taking us to the book store to get a new book for the 12 hour ride down to SC.
One year we rented a mini-van that had a TV and VCR in it.  It was the COOLEST thing ever.
In 2012 – The Prof and I are going across the country to visit family and friends this year.  It’s not quite the romantic getaway, but it’s important to us to see these people even though they live 2000 miles away.  It’s a cop-out to make the excuse that they always come to Pittsburgh because that’s where they are from.  They’ve made the trip East numerous times, so it’s only fair that we travel West at least once.
Besides that, the families have a big cross-Atlantic trip in the Fall.  So, the vacation days have been eaten up pretty quick.  Next year can be the romantic couples vacation.
I know the Prof sacrifices a lot for my anal money ways as we try and pay off housing projects and student loans.  She deserves something to look forward to every year as a chance to forget about the stress of our jobs and daily lives and just be.  I’m not sure where next year’s trip will be – perhaps the Caribbean.  I hear Hawaii is nice.  Just somewhere that lets us relax and be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment