Monday, March 26, 2012

My Blog

I don't know why I want to start writing.  I don't like to write. I can't write.  English was always my worst subject in school.  I could kill it in Math or Science. That made sense.  Even my SATs were terrible in Writing Section.  However, I'm interested in getting my ideas on paper right now. I don't know why.  Just seems like a good idea to log ideas, plans, and dreams down rather than let them build up in my mind.

I don't want to a Personal Finance blog - lord knows there are already too many of those out there. However, I do want to be able to put down my own personal financial ideas and plans, in order to monitor them and assess them later.  It's easy to see my Investment portfolio and see what my return is and congratulate (or kick) myself, but it's tough to look back and remember why I made that decision or why it seemed like a good idea.  I think this may help remove me from micromanaging my family's finances.  As well as we are doing, there is no reason to worry about each and every expenditure.  So, I'm trying not to.  However, it could be cool to keep a log of big activities or progress.  Once a month saying "we were here, and now we're here"  and where does that line up with our goals.

I'm excited.  In my next post - I'll discuss those goals.  They don't have any specific numbers attached to them - just lifetime goals for building a dream life.

We'll see how this goes.

Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment