Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Dog Days of Summer

I've been very lackadaisical in my posting lately.  Fortunately, I haven't had much money issues to report about or go through.  We're all set to pay down the Home Depot Credit Card (YAY!!) and the Student Loans are getting chopped down bit by bit, but otherwise, it's a slow news cycle.

It's no excuse, but things have been quite busy on the home front.  School is winding down this month and group projects require painful amounts of scheduling and work.  In addition, the bank is doing well and June was an extremely busy time of year.  Lastly, the Prof and I are preparing for our 1 Year ANNIVERSARY and some exciting Vacations (SLC and IRELAND!)

The Prof and I are still working on some Side Hustle going forward - my Speed Camp is winding down but Craigslist and eBay has provided some windfall lately.  Also, I've looked into officiating youth football and basketball games.  So, as a former athlete and coach, I'm excited for the opportunity to stay in the athletic field without dedicating my entire free time to it (as coaching required).  Plus, the Side Hustle helps!

Lastly, I got some good financial news today!  Quizzle notified me that my credit score had not been updated in the previous 6 months.  So, I punched in my information and requested my free score to see if any movement had occurred.  To my surprise, my score jumped from 720 to 784!!!  I'm in Excellent Credit Range!!  I have to assume the major drivers behind it are:  1) Good standing on my mortgage - best form of credit there is, and 2) I'm now 4 years removed from the 2 Negative Reports (which are ridiculous - $97 in interest on Phone Bill) - but the further and further out I get is aiding my progress.  That score should definitely help if we decide to purchase a new car in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment