Saturday, July 14, 2012

When We Were Young

The Prof and I are going to the Dave Matthews Band Concert today!  I've never been to a DMB Concert before.  From what I recall, they are quite the experience.  However, things change as you get older.  Day drinking and concert craziness doesn't have the same appeal now as it did when I was 20-23!  I don't know when it happened specifically or why it happened, but I do know it happened.  I can't drink like I used to and I definitely can't last as long as used to.  However, I also don't want to.

As I prepare for an entire day of drinking and festivities - I can't help but think of all the things that either need to be done or will be done.  Tomorrow - Speed Camp at 9 AM (2 Hours).  Complete Financial Homework (3 Hours).  Meet with IS Group on Final Project (2 Hours).  Study for Side Hustle - Part 2 (1 Hour).  Laundry, Dusting, Cleaning - (1.5 Hours).  That's without thinking about sleeping or watching the Pirates game.  No where in that plan does it include 4 hours of couch crashing because I'm hung over.

Maybe I should lighten up and enjoy the moment.  I spend so much time planning and scheduling my day, week, or life that I miss the ride.  I don't want to miss the journey.

The Prof and I will be married for 1 year on Monday.  It's crazy to think its already been an entire year.  I've loved it and wouldn't change anything about it, but I also want to make sure that time doesn't just fly by and I miss it.  I want to enjoy every moment.  So, for once in my life, I'm going to enjoy myself today.  I can't worry about Grad School, Student Loans Payments, or the Next Housing Project.  Today (and this weekend) is about the Prof and I.  We are going to have fun and pretend we are young.  We are 28 - much too young to overcomplicate our lives.

Dream as if you'll live Forever.  Live as if you'll Die Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment