Thursday, May 31, 2012

Home Brewery

I brewed my own beer!

After a month of preparation and waiting, I tasted my home-brewed beer for the first time last night.  Not to brag - but it was darn good!  It tasted much like a light lager brewed in the U.S. (Miller Lite, Bud Light)  I received the entire home brew kit for Christmas and had been waiting (or procrastinating) to make the first batch.  So, not only do I save money on beers for the next month or so, I can get to brag and call myself a brewmaker!

Will I continue to brew my own beer? 

I would really like to.  Mr Beer provided the ingredients pre-measured and partially mixed.  So, the entire process was incredibly simple using their system.  That being said, I'd like to have more creative in the brewing process to make different types of beers.  I'd like to brew a Stout, an IPA, a Hefeweizen.  So, I'm going to research ingredients and the brew process more to better understand my options. 

Brewing was a great way to spend an afternoon on the weekend and will help save money in the short term.  Two great things! 

I can't wait to share my first batch with others.  I wonder what else I do in-house to save money?  Distill my own Bourbon!!!!!

Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment