Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Manly Weekend

Wow.  That was quite a weekend/Monday.  Let's start from the top and review:

Friday:  We sold Prof's (We had our first blog post by Professor last week!) VW Passat on Friday evening!  Finally!!  We met the lovely couple at the AAA center so that if they really wanted the car, we could get the deal done that day and not have another flaker like the divorcee from New Kensington (I knew I didn't like him).  That being said, the car sold for less than I had originally hoped for, but was definitely satisfied with the sales price.  The car was too old for anyone to fork over anything over $5k.  Although the KBB had it slightly over, I can understand why the market priced it a bit lower.  No love loss.  Now, Teach starts dreaming of her Acura!

Saturday:  ROAD TRIP!! The family traveled to Erie for the little brother's graduation ceremony from University.  Hurray!  Get a Job!  I'm been thinking lately about congratulatory gifts!  Teach and I were blessed with great friends and family at the time of our wedding and we love and want to reciprocate it back to them.  When does the giving stop?  Is life just an eternal merry-go-round of cash?  Let's think of all the gifts that social etiquette says we give:

Wedding gift
Housewarming gift
Retirement Present
Birthday Present
Graduation Present (at every level)
Baby Shower
Wedding Shower
New Job
Anniversary Gift

I'm sure there are a lot more.  Now, I've said my goal for living debt free is to be able to give and give to those in need.  However, I'm not sure passing $20 bills back and forth between friends and family counts. 

Sunday:  Started my Side Hustle!  I'll blog about this tomorrow! 

Professor and I also FINALLY installed the backsplash in the kitchen!  We wanted to do it 6 months ago when I installed the tile floor and we had the kitchen updated.  However, life gets in the way and Teach couldn't find a design that she really liked.  With basketball over, school on break, and the design picked - we made our way to Home Depot and gathered up all the materials.

I was very impressed by Prof's enthusiasm and vigor to work and get the project done.  Her level of involvement during the floor tiling and shelf installation was to yell score updates for the game on TV (Steelers and Pirates).  I solved that problem by asking her to bring down a radio!! (Ugh 5-0 loss though).  Anyway, she tackled the job head on and it went really fast with her help!  I'm going to assess the financial damage on the kitchen later this month, but now that it is done - I'm really happy with the results.  Probably could have knocked a wall down and gone big time, but for this house and for us - it's perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment