Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Home Office

I need to get my office space back!

I've always been a quiet studier/worker.  In college, I couldn't study in the dorm room or apartment, I had to leave and go to the Library for a few hours.  I don't like to waste time or be around all the distractions.  It's better to seclude myself entirely for 2 hours, then be around friends or in a group for 4 hours.  With work, I'm very similar.  I like to put my headphones on or go into "heads down" mode and get things done.  I'm at work to accomplish a specific job and don't like to be wasting time talking about last night's game or whatever else in going on at the water cooler.

At home - I lost my office area to storage a few months ago.  So, I'm currently set up on the dining room table - which is surrounded by distractions.  Big screen TV one room away, outdoors right behind me, kitchen stocked with food in front of me.  It's terrible.  This weekend, I need to re-discover my secluded office area in the basement.  Although it grungy and a little stinky down there, I'll probably be a lot more productive in the quiet.

Sometimes, you just have to put your head down and get things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment