Friday, June 8, 2012

Sup Homebody

It's amazing how quickly life can change.  On November 7, 2008, I was a carefree bachelor going out for a night on the town with the guys.  The world was my osyter and we were off to let off some steam from a busy week at work.

Today, I'm a married man living with a dog and a cat in a house in the suburbs.  It's Friday night and the only thing I want to do is sit at home with the Professor and enjoy eachother's company.  I don't want to drink until I can't remember anymore.  I don't want to buy $2 well drinks until my credit card maxes out.  I wanted to lay on my couch and talk to my best friend.  That's happiness.

The Professor asked if she was a homebody this past week.  I told her absolutely.  She loves lounging more than most people.  At first, she was a bit disappointed in my response.  As if that were a bad thing.  However, I look at it as we enjoy the comfort of home and spending time with the people who mean the most to us.  It's the Sunday afternoon dinners at the parents.  It's the Saturday evening game nights.  It's the weekend trips to graduations.  Being a homebody doesn't mean we're hermits.  Far from it.

We LOVE to travel.  We love to make plans with friends for concerts, games, or St. Patrick's Day.  We just like to plan things out and do things with people who are important to us.  I think back to our Wedding Day.  It was truly one of the greatest weekends of my life.  Not just because I married the Professor, but because of all the family and friends that were in town and celebrated with us the entire time.  From Wednesday to Sunday we laughed, hugged and partied.  We were real.  Everyone there was chosen by us to be there and they wanted to be there to celebrate with us.  No phony friends.  No casual acquantences you have to put up with.  No BS.  It was great.

I'm happy with where my life is.  I'm still striving for more success in my career and look forward to Coach Jr, but I wouldn't change this day for any other day prior to November 7, 2008.

Coach 

No comments:

Post a Comment