Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Make Money Off of P&W

I love reading Personal Finance websites.  I'm fascinated by the journey others take on their way to financial independence and how they push others to achieve the same.

After starting my first Side Hustle last month, I've been wondering where or if there are other options to do.  Aside from pushing myself at work and school, achieving some supplemental funds would really help with the extra things in life.  Paying down debt is great and very important, but lately I've been wanting to fund a Beach Vacation for the Professor and I, or stop taking money from my parents and in-laws and really cut the cords and grow up.  Every little bit helps while in school.

Could I make money off the blog? 

I'm not a great a writer (the Prof is) but I do have knowledge about Finances and genuinely want to help others.  I'm amazed by the small communities within other blogs that cheer each other on and motivate each other through the journeys.  I think it would be exciting to help others as the Professor and I share our stories of marriage, money, and life.  It would also require a tremendous amount of work to get started and maintain.  Effort is not an issue with the two of us.  We are two extrememly motivated individuals. 

Another reason I would like to do this.  I believe it would be fun to work with my wife.  It could be her outlet to vent about me or share stories of our marriage and desire to start a family.  I could share my money management stories and (hopefully) offer some insight for others.  It would be ours.  Right now, she has her teaching job, I have my Finance job and there is no overlap.  We both contribute to the household but it's tough to share stories about the day.  The blog would be ours to build and grow.  We could do it together!

There are no guarantees in life and its possible we'll never make a dime off P&W.  However, we'd always have a record of those years starting our life together.  The struggles, the triumphs, and happiness through marital bliss.

Things to ponder going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment